David Sorel mainly advises listed companies, institutional investors and French and international investment funds in connection with M&A and investment transactions. He also assists clients in restructuring transactions and joint ventures.
Rankings: Best Lawyers (ranked), Chambers Europe (ranked as up and coming), Legal 500 (ranked as Next generation Lawyer), IFLR 1000 (ranked).
MAJOR RECENT PROJECTS
- advised BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions, a subsidiary of BNP Paribas’ group, in the signing of an agreement leading to a commercial and capitalistic alliance, notably through a joint venture company named BNP Paribas 3 Step IT, which will be 51% owned by BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions and 49% by 3 Step IT (June 2019)
- advised Ivanhoé Cambridge SICAV-SIF on the launch of ICAWOOD, a fund managed by ICAMAP dedicated to the development of low-carbon new generation offices in Paris (February 2019).
- advised Catella Residential Investment Management GmbH (CRIM) on the acquisition, on behalf of two residential pan-European German real estate funds, from A Plus Finance, of a real estate portfolio named « Seniority », composed of six senior housing residences (January 2019).
- advised Credit.fr, a subsidiary company of Tikehau Capital, on the acquisitions of 100% of the share capital of Homunity.fr, an internet crowdfunding platform specialized in connecting investors with real-estate developers (January 2019).
- advised Ivanhoé Cambridge on the acquisition of Cap Ampère, an office campus of nearly 90,000 sq.m spread over several buildings in the Saint-Denis Pleyel district and sold by (November 2018).
- advised Unibail-Rodamco on the structuring of its acquisition of Westfield Corporation (June 2018).
David Sorel worked at Ernst & Young (2004-2006) before joining CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre, and then Allen & Overy in 2010. He joined Lacourte Raquin Tatar in 2017 as a partner in the Tax Practice.
A lawyer since 2005, he earned a post-graduate degree (DEA) in tax law from the Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas and a second post-graduate degree (DESS) in international taxation from the Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas in partnership with the French business school, HEC.
7th edition of the Global Legal Insights (GLI) guide about Corporate Tax.
Chapter about France co-written with Laura Bernardini.