He is recognized as one of the most highly qualified advisors in the real estate sector. His expertise covers issues relating to sales, acquisitions, real estate management, planning, development, financing and commercialization, both for transactional and litigation matters.
With nearly thirty years of experience, he more generally advises major players in complex and large-scale investment and disinvestment transactions.
Jean-Jacques Raquin is ranked in “Chambers Europe”, “Best Lawyers – France”, “Legal 500 EMEA” et “Who’s Who Legal France”. According to “Who’s Who Legal France”, Jean-Jacques is recognized as “one of the best real estate and development lawyers in the country”.
Major recent project
- Gecina on the lease 80% of the premises in L1ve by Boston Consulting Group, located at 75 avenue de la Grande Armée, in Paris (20,500 sq.m of office space and 3,000 sq.m of services) (February 2020).
- Swiss Life Asset Managers France for the signature of promises to sale of the Engie’s future world headquarters, at La Garenne-Colombes
- Frey on the urban project competition for the transformation of Palais du Commerce in Rennes (in process).
- Woodeum on the off-plan acquisition (acquisition en vente en l’état futur d’achèvement) by L’Etoile Properties of the Woodword building located in Saint-Denis (93200) (January 2019).
- Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield on the signature of a sale commitment with GIC, a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund, regarding a multi-tenant tower that develops 64,500 sqm of offices in the business district of La Défense (October 2018).
- Vinci Immobilier on the acquisition of the entire share capital of Urbat, a real estate developer (September 2018).
- Aermont on the acquisition of the Aurore Tower at La Défense for its substantial renovation (March 2018) and its development.
- Groupe Lagardère on the sale of its Europe 1’s historical head office, located rue François 1er, (75008) to Ardian Real Estate (11,000 sqm) (March 2018).
- BNP Paribas on the sale of 100% of the share capital of the owner Marché Saint-Honoré building, located place du Marché Saint-Honoré in Paris (75001). This building develops 15,000 sqm of offices, currently occupied by BNP Paribas, and 1,800 sqm of shops (February 2018).
- Unibail-Rodamco on the constitution of a shared company and on the structuration of deals regarding the purchase and the restructuration/extension (34,000 sqm) of a shopping and entertainment center, located in the Geneva area (November 2017).
- Axa Reim and Altarea Cogedim on a development transaction of 16,000 sqm (housing, shops, school) (December 2017).
- BNP Paribas Real Estate on the acquisition of the building “57 Metal” (37,000 sqm), located in Boulogne-Billancourt (92100) with Europa Wanda (December 2017).
- Woodeum and his subsidiary WO2, as project ownership assistant (AMO), on the renovation of the Montparnasse Tower in Paris (75014) (120,000 sqm) (December 2017).
- EPI on the development of the building located at 114 avenue des Champs Elysées (75008), (5,530 sqm) (2017).
- SFL (“Société Foncière Lyonnaise“) on the acquisition of the SMA group’s head office (21,000 sqm) in Paris (75015) (January 2017).
- BNP Paribas Immobilier Promotion Immobilier d’Entreprise on the off-plan sale (vente en l’état futur d’achèvement) of Novartis’s new head office, located in Rueil-Malmaison (92500) (42,200 sqm) (December 2016).
- Frey on the acquisition of a company holding a retail park (GLA of 18,000 sqm) in Seine-et-Marne (October 2016).
- BNP Paribas Real Estate on the negotiation of the off-plan lease (bail en l’état futur d’achèvement) by Novartis Pharma of 43,000 sqm of office space in Rueil-Malmaison (92500) (Novartis Pharma’s future head office) (March 2016).
- UBS on the construction of the Alto Tower (51,000 sqm of office space in La Défense) and for the sale of the project company (March 2016).
Aermont (ex Perella Weinberg), Altarea Cogedim, Axa Reim, Groupe BNPP, Frey, Gecina, Groupama Immobilier, Groupe Lagardère, Immobel, Poste Immo, SFL, The Student Hotel, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, Vinci Immobilier, Woodeum.
Jean-Jacques Raquin joined the firm as a managing partner after spending 20 years as a partner at Gide Loyrette Nouel, where he was managing partner between 1999 and 2003.
Best Lawyers France (2020 edition) : recognized for his experience in the “Construction” and “Real Estate” category.
Chambers Europe (2019 edition) : individually ranked in the “Real Estate” category : ”His considerable experience in real estate law allows him to have a 360 degree vision of all issues in real estate law and corporate law. He is also an excellent negotiator”.
Legal 500 EMEA : ranked as “Leading individual” in the Real Estate category. Jean-Jacques Raquin “is recognized as one of the most highly qualified advisors in the real estate sector. His expertise covers issues relating to disposals, acquisitions, real estate management, planning, development, financing and commercialisation, both for transactional and litigation matters. With nearly thirty years of experience, he more generally advises major players in complex and large-scale investment and disinvestment transactions”.