With nearly thirty years of experience, he more generally advises major players in complex and large-scale investment and disinvestment transactions.
Major recent project
- Neo: advisor of Unibail-Rodamco on the bid “Neo 1“ for the development of “Mall of Europe“ according to which Unibail-Rodamco has been selected by the city of Brussels with its partners Besix and CFE as co-developer of the project (550 M€ investment)
- Ecowest: advisor of BNP Paribas Immobilier on the negotiation of the off-plan lease (“bail en l’état futur d’achèvement“) related to 38.000 sq.m. of offices (future head office of L’Oréal) in the Ecowest building (Front de Seine development area (“ZAC“), Levallois-Perret)
- Les Miroirs (La Défense): advisor of Perella Weinberg on a sale transaction and a subsequent commercial lease of the real estate premises “Les Miroirs A & B“ in the area of La Défense housing Saint-Gobain’s head office (33.500 sq.m.)
- Tour Blanche (La Défense): advisor of Perella Weinberg on the negotiation of a lease for ERDF’s headquarters (30.000 sq.m.)
- Lyon Part Dieu: advisor of Perella Weinberg on the structuring of the financing of the Incity Project in Lyon (42.000 sq.m.)
- Lyon Part Dieu: advisor of Unibail-Rodamco on the restructuring of the Lyon Part Dieu shopping centre (127.300 sq.m.) and of the Part Dieu district
- Poste du Louvre: advisor on the setting up and implementation of the restoration of the building
- So Ouest: advisor of Unibail-Rodamco on the construction and commercialisation of the shopping centre So Ouest and the offices of the Eiffel development area (“ZAC”) in Levallois-Perret (53.000 sq.m.)
- 144 rue de Rivoli: advisor of Vinci Immobilier on the restoration, the commercialisation and the off-plan sale (“vente en l’état futur d’achèvement“) of the housing, offices and retail shops of the 144 rue de Rivoli property
- La Défense: advisor of Vinci Immobilier on the off-plan sale (“vente en l’état futur d’achèvement“) of a hotel of 24.000 sq.m.
- Tours du Pont de Sèvres (City Lights): setting up of the acquisition and the partnership with the seller, the restoration, the financing and the commercialisation of the towers (79.000 sq.m.)
- Aéroville: advisor of Unibail-Rodamco for the completion and the commercialisation of the shopping centre located in the Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport (101.000 sq.m.)
Main clients: ALTAREA COGEDIM, AXA REIM, BNP PARIBAS IMMOBILIER, GECINA, PERELLA WEINBERG, POSTE IMMO, SFL, UNIBAIL RODAMCO, VINCI IMMOBILIER
Jean-Jacques Raquin joined the firm after spending 20 years as a partner at Gide Loyrette Nouel, where he was managing partner between 1999 and 2003.
Jean-Jacques Raquin is individually ranked in Band 1 within the “Real Estate: France: Construction” category of Chambers Europe, 2012 edition, where he is described as “a leading construction law expert” and “one of the most highly qualified advisors in the real estate sector […] [who] was recently involved in most significant real estate projects in France”.
He is a PLC Which Lawyer (2012 edition) “Recommended individual” in the “Construction” category.
Jean-Jacques Raquin, is described as a “market-leading figure” and is “recommended for his ‘in-depth knowledge of property law’” by The Legal 500 EMEA.
Jean-Jacques Raquin is listed by Décideurs magazine’s guide and directory to Real Estate and Construction (2012 edition) under the “Real estate transactions: Investments“, “Real estate developments” and “Construction” categories.
Jean-Jacques Raquin is also referenced by Who’s Who Legal France 2014 in the «Real Estate» category and described as «top lawyer at Lacourte Raquin Tatar who advises major players in complex and large-scale investment and disinvestment transactions.»