MAJOR RECENT PROJECTS
- Counsel of Angelo Gordon and S2i Partners on the refurbishment then the disposal of a building located 86 rue de Courcelles, Paris, through a share deal.
- Counsel of Tishman Speyer on the acquisition of the “Espace Lumière” building located in Boulogne Billancourt, from a fund managed by Invesco real Estate.
- Counsel of Groupama Immobilier for the signature of a BEFA and a CPI for the construction of The Link, futur headquarter of Total in La Défense.
- Counsel to Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield for the creation of a strategic partnership for the acquisition of a portfolio of five French shopping centers worth 2 billion euros.
- Swiss Life Asset Managers France for the signature of promises to sale of the Engie’s future world headquarters, at La Garenne-Colombes.
- Advising Unibail-Rodamco on the acquisition of Westfield;
- Advising Blackrock on the structuring of an investment fund in France and the realisation of various real estate investments;
- Advising JP Morgan Asset Management on the structuring of the EO IV fund, the acquisition of the Colisée Garden and the Osmose properties and the disposal of various assets;
- Advising Twenty Two Real Estate and Scaprim on the sale of the Corelog portfolio of seven logistic assets;
- Advising Aermont on the structuring of an alternative investment real estate fund in France;
- Advising Westbrook on the structuring of the acquisition of several investments in France;
- Advising Ivanhoe Cambridge on the setting of a joint venture with Natixis Assurance for the holding of the Duo Towers (by the way of an OPPCI);
- Advising Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield in connection with the sale of the Capital 8 building complex, the Ariane Tower and the Majunga Tower;
- Advising the OPPCIs (organismes de placement professionnel collectif Immobilier) held by Sogecap, Predica, AXA and BNPP Cardif in restructuring their ownership in French REIT Carmila;
- Advising sovereign wealth funds on the structuring of various investments in France in the real estate and private equity sectors.
After beginning his career at a French firm, Jean-Yves Charriau worked with the law firm of Ernst & Young between 1994 and 2003 (as a partner since 2001), where he practiced in the New York office from 1998 until 2000 in the International Tax Services Group. He later joined CMS Francis Lefebvre, then Allen & Overy LLP in 2010. Jean-Yves joined Lacourte Raquin Tatar in May 2017.
Admitted to the Paris bar since 1994
Magistère de juriste d’affaires (post-graduate degree) – Paris II Panthéon-Assas University (1990)
Master’s degree (DESS) in corporate and tax law – Paris II Panthéon-Assas University (1990).
Chambers Europe France, 2019 Edition
Tax : Band 1 – Individual Ranking:Jean-Yves Charriau offers masterful expertise in the real estate taxation field, and is regularly mandated by prestigious corporate and financial clients. (…) Clients describe him as “a go-to person when it comes to French real estate taxation”.
Legal 500, France, 2018 Edition
Tax : Leading Individual – Hall of Fame: “Jean-Yves Charriau is one of the best tax lawyers on the market, especially in the real estate taxation field.”
Jean-Yves often lectures at tax conferences and is a member of the fiscal working group of the French property federation (FSIF).
- TaxEditions 2020 – Band 1/3 : Sources agree that Jean-Yves Charriau “really deserves his place in the hall of fame of real estate tax partners.” He frequently advises domestic and international investment funds and asset managers on a range of real estate taxation mandates. “He’s my number one when I’m being asked for a real estate tax lawyer,” reports one client.